Businesses in Mattapan Trust SERVPRO for Water Restoration
SERVPRO Can Save Time and Money for Mattapan Businesses during Water Restoration
A water incident can cause significant damage to commercial property, disrupt business operations, and inconvenience customers. Hiring professionals like SERVPRO for the water restoration of your Mattapan commercial property is crucial to mitigate the damage and restoring the property to its pre-damaged condition.
SERVPRO techs understand the importance of time during the water restoration of your Mattapan property and use advanced technology and a multi-step approach to speed up the process. Our IICRC-certified restorers understand building and material science which helps them to create drying strategies that are as effective as they are fast.
Interaction of Moisture with Martials During Water Cleanup
Excess moisture in a water-damaged property can enter the various surfaces through one of the following two sources:
- Absorption of water directly in contact with the surfaces
- Absorption of moisture from the air
SERVPRO techs address both these processes to reduce the impact of water on various surfaces.
Typically, the more the material's porosity, the more water can enter through both mechanisms. SERVPRO techs classify surfaces in your commercial building into the following three categories depending on the degree of porosity they have:
- Porous surfaces have the highest porosity and can absorb water quickly. Organic substances such as carpet, gypsum board, and fiber-fill insulation fall under this category.
- Semi-porous surfaces absorb moisture slowly and, if organic, can support microbial growth. SERVPRO techs categorize unfinished wood, concrete, and brick under this category.
- Non-porous materials are of the least concern to a restorer as they do not absorb moisture under any conditions. Glass, plastic, and sheet metal are good examples.
These materials readily absorb water vapor also release it under appropriate drying conditions. However, if the relative humidity rises above 60 percent in a water damage event, hygroscopic materials can suffer secondary damage quickly.
Call SERVPRO of Hyde Park / Roslindale at (857) 399-9797 for trustworthy restoration services.